Title: Block & Tackle
Authors: Elise Faber, Stephanie Fournet & Kristin Vayden
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Sports Romance
Publisher: Blue Tulip Publishing
Football, hockey, and everything in between!
Things are about to heat up on the ice and between the sheets.
Each book is a fully fledged stand alone novel about forbidden love.
What happens when you get your dream job and temptation is your ex-hockey star boss?
Or when the league’s top wide receiver has his eyes on you and he’s supposed to be just a client?
Perhaps you find yourself in enemy territory because the woman you love is your best friend’s sister?
Find out all the dirt in Block & Tackle!
Offsides by Elise Faber
Executive Assistant for CEO of Prestige Media Group
(1) Deal with a massive amount of emails.
(2) Schedule conference calls and meetings with top athletes and other hugely important people.
(3) Pick up dry cleaning and food, consult on tie selection, make dinner reservations, and book flights . . . basically act as a wife-on-steroids.
(4) THE IMPORTANT ONE: Do not, under any circumstances, fall in love with Devon Scott—demanding boss, former NHL player, and all-around gorgeous specimen of the male persuasion.
Absolutely failing at number four.
Off Guard by Stephanie Fournet
Life couldn’t be better for Charlie Woodruff.
After a year of holding out, she’s finally landed the job she’s always wanted in the city of her dreams. An apartment she can afford and new friends at work make the transition easy.
When she meets a gorgeous stranger who makes her laugh and steals her breath, it seems like the icing on the cake…
Until Charlie discovers he’s a client.
Hutch Barlow — newly drafted wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders — looks like an avenging angel, hangs on her every word, and is completely off-limits. The trouble is he also refuses to take “no” for an answer.
And if she’s being honest, Charlie doesn’t want him to.
But seeing him means she could lose everything — including her heart.
Off Limits by Kristin Vayden
Everything about Ava screams off limits.
To want her is to invite disaster.
To pursue her is to risk my job.
To kiss her might cost me my best friend.
But all those risks seem small in light of the first problem.
She hates me.
To her I’m a sell out, choosing to advance my career rather than protect my biggest client.
And my best friend.
She hasn’t spoken to me in over a year, but that ends now.
Because I’m done with holding back.
To hell with the consequences.
Wish me luck . . .
What made you want to write this anthology?
- Elise: Well, it’s selfish really! Stephanie and Kristin are fantastic writers and I wanted the opportunity to work with them! Also, I love sports but wanted to do something that was a bit different than my Gold Hockey books. We decided to focus on the management side, which has been a blast to write!
- Stephanie: When Elise Faber approached me and Kristen Vayden about doing the collection, I was definitely nervous because I’d never written a sports romance, and I haven’t written anything shorter than a full length novel in a long time. But it was because I was nervous that I knew I had to do it. When you push yourself out of your comfort zone, all kinds of cool, magical things happen.
- Kristin: I wish I could take credit for such a great idea, but I can’t! It was a concept developed by our publisher and spear headed by Elise Faber—sexy librarian extrodianare( and Bad ass Hockey player!)
What is this anthology about? Are the stories related/interconnected?
- Elise: Hot alpha athletes, inter-office complications, forbidden love. We’ve got a taste of it all! The stories all take place within the largest athlete management firm in the states, Prestige Media Group.
- Stephanie: The anthology is made up of three, sexy sports romances. Characters from each story work at Prestige Media Group, a west coast sports agency with offices in Seattle and San Francisco. In all three stories, love is off limits because of either professional boundaries or personal ties.
- Kristin: Love! Wait, you meant more specific. Got it. It’s about guys who are on top of their game in life, and how love tackles them, and the women that dominate these alpha males by winning their hearts.
All these guys work in the same agency or are with the same agency.
Did you guys write the stories independently? Or discuss them with each other?
- Elise: We discussed theme and our story basics before writing, then off we went. I can say that I LOVED the way Kristin and Stephanie’s stories turned out! They’re awesome!
- Stephanie: After we hashed out the particulars about Prestige, we each chose a basic plot premises for our stories, and we got to work. Early on, we shared our initial chapters to make sure we all felt like our stories would work together, and then we went from there.
- Kristin: We correlated on specific themes, but each story is very original and different from the others. We all have different voices, and I think the great part about anthologies is that you can hear that difference in voice as you read.
How different was it for you to write a sports romance? What do you typically write?
- Elise: I write hockey romance (Blocked and Backhand Gold Hockey #1 and #2, out and releasing 4/4/17, respectively) but those are more team based. It was fun to focus on the business side! And I’ve always wanted to write a hot boss-secretary romance (my story in this is Offsides). Kristin and Stephanie threw me a bone and let me explore that!
- Stephanie: For me, writing a sports romance was completely new territory. All of my other novels are contemporary or new adult, standalone romances that are set in the Saint Streets, a quirky neighborhood in my hometown of Lafayette, Louisiana. My heroes run the gamut from angsty college professors (Fall Semester), to lovesick landscapers (Butterfly Ginger), to drop-dead gorgeous doctors (Leave a Mark). But just like Hutch, they are sweet to the core and will do anything to capture the hearts of the women they love. Writing a sports romance meant that I had to do some research about sports agencies, the football draft process, summer training camps, and the like, but I learned a lot and it was fun!
- Kristin: It was a different genre for me, but not a stretch. I write both contemporary romance ( The ONE) and historical romance ( What the Duke Wants). Writing a sports anthology was fun, and I really enjoyed it! I plan on writing more in this genre later—right now I’m finishing up a story about a sexy cowboy. Life’s hard 😉 😉
What is your favorite sport/team? Did you ever play sports growing up? Do you play now?
- Elise: HOCKEY! (sense the enthusiasm there?) San Jose Sharks! I played a ton of sports growing (soccer, basketball, volleyball, hockey) and I still play hockey. It’s a blast!
- Stephanie: Personally, I’m not very sporty. My theory is that Super Bowl Sunday is a great day to go to the movies because nobody is there. If I had to pick a favorite sport, it would be running because I am a runner. I definitely tune in to the track and long distance events during the summer Olympics, so I guess I’d have to say my favorite team is Team USA.
- Kristin: My favorite sport — Cheerleading and Yes. IT IS A SPORT! Team — Seahawks 12th MAN! Did I play — Yes! Though my hubby teases me about not being coordinated enough to play! While there is some truth to that—ok a lot of truth to that—I did play softball and I cheered both in high school and college. Love cheerleading!
What genre/trope can you currently not stay away from?
- Elise: I’m devouring contemporary and historical romance! I love it so much!
- Kristin: Right now I’m reading Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken. Dear Lord. Anything contemporary is my poison at the moment.
What is YOUR story about?
- Elise: My story follows Becca and Devon. Becca is Devon’s executive assistant on a short-term contract while his normal assistant is on maternity leave. They’re both attracted to each other but can’t risk acting on anything, not when it breaks all the HR rules out there. Unfortunately, or really fortunately for them, the heart (and body) sometimes don’t listen to the best intentions of your brain!
- Stephanie: Off Guard is about Charlie Woodruff, who has just landed the PR job of her dreams at Prestige Media Group in San Francisco. She’s found a decent apartment and made friends at work, so when she meets a gorgeous stranger who makes her laugh and steals her breath, it seems like icing on the cake — until Charlie discovers he’s a client. Hutch Barlow Hutch Barlow — newly drafted wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders — looks like an avenging angel, hangs on her every word, and is completely off-limits. The trouble is he also refuses to take “no” for an answer. And if she’s being honest, Charlie doesn’t want him to. But seeing him means she could lose everything — including her heart.
- Kristin: Markus is fully aware that Ava is off limits. Not only is she his best friend, and biggest client’s twin sister. But she also hates him—ever since her brother, Bryce, chose to play football again after his injury. Ava blames Markus, going as far as calling him a sell out to all his colleagues. But that doesn’t stop him from kissing her, even when it might cost him his best friend. It doesn’t’ stop him from pursuing her, even when it might cost his career. And it certainly doesn’t stop him from stopping at nothing to win her over, because life’s all about risks, And she’s the biggest risk he’ll ever take.
Do you write in silence or to music?
- Elise: To music! My hockey playlist is http://spoti.fi/2mE6vv6
- Stephanie: While music features pretty heavily in most of my work, I write in silence because I’m easily distracted. My current WIP is about a rising rock star and super-shy bookworm, and I listen to songs that crop up in the novel in between writing scenes, like while I drive to work or cook dinner. That playlist is going to be a doozy!
- Kristin: Both. I have little ones that tend to flit in and out of my work space needing juice, snacks, etc so I tend to have more than enough noise to keep me busy, but when I have a block that’s just my time to write, I like to have a spotify play list on, especially if its in a particularly emotional, or steamy part of the book.
Aside from writing romance, Elise’s passions are chocolate, Star Wars, and hockey (the order depending on the day and how well her team — the Sharks! — are playing). She and her husband also play as much hockey as they can squeeze into their schedules, so much so that their typical date night is spent on the ice. Elise is the mom to two exuberant boys and is thoroughly addicted to Dancing With the Stars. Connect with her on facebook (facebook.com/elisefaberauthor), twitter (@faberelise), instagram (@elisefaber) or http://www.elisefaber.com.
Sign up for Elise’s Newsletter
Stephanie Fournet, author of five novels including Leave a Mark and You First, lives in Lafayette, Louisiana — not far from the Saint Streets where her novels are set. She shares her home with her husband John and their needy dogs Gladys and Mabel, and sometimes their daughter Hannah even comes home from college to visit them. When she isn’t writing romance novels, Stephanie is usually helping students get into college or running. She loves hearing from fans, so look for her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, and stephaniefournet.com.
Kristin’s inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. With five children to chase, she is never at a loss for someone to kiss, something to cook or some mess to clean but she loves every moment of it! Life is full — of blessings and adventure! Needless to say she’s a big fan of coffee and wine… and living in Washington she’s within walking distance of both! Follow her on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kristinvaydenauthor) And Instagram @kristinkatjoyce and Twitter @KristinVayden! You can also sign up for her newsletter at http://www.subscribepage.com/e8v9l4.
Sign up for Kristin’s Newsletter
Title: Beautifully Torn
Author: Gina Sevani
Series: The Damaged Series
Genre: New Adult
Publisher: Blue Tulip Publishing
Sean Mikaelson, drummer of Sweet Misery, didn’t always have an easy life. He was headed down the wrong path, but it all changed when the troubled teen met his best friend, Damon Black.
Throughout the years, music became his escape.
Liberation came with a price, that of a promise… one that would test him in ways he never thought possible. One moment, he had the entire world at his fingertips. The next, he made the biggest mistake of his life and everything slipped from his grasp.
Shay Black’s first mistake was tempting herself with someone she could never have. She was doomed the minute his smile hypnotized her, threatening everything. But the heart wants what it wants. One night changed it all. The love she once knew was now buried deep, hidden away, and nothing would ever be the same again.
Falling in love with your brother’s best friend was never a good idea…
**Beautifully Devoted is a STANDALONE New Adult Romance that follows the characters introduced in Beautifully Damaged.**
“You know deep down what you want. You know deep down in your heart and soul I’m the man that you want… the one you desire. When are you going to stop denying what this is between us? You don’t want anyone else. You want me.” He pointed to his chest and stepped a little closer. “It’s my voice you want to hear whispering your name. You want my lips caressing every single inch of your body. You need my touch — no other man’s — and the only man you’ve ever craved to have buried deep inside of you… is me. You already have my heart, Shay. You fucking stole it a long time ago. No matter what happens, I know I won’t ever truly get it back. I’m completely okay with that because it’s yours to keep… forever. I just need you to take care of it. Treasure it like I would treasure yours… if you had ever given it to me.”
Every intense and powerful emotion consumed me; I had to look anywhere but into his eyes. It was too raw. Sean knew me; it was crazy the powerful connection we shared, and one look into my eyes would show him that I felt the same way. I couldn’t let that happen. I’d fought for years masking the perfect face, not letting anything show. The more I was around him, the more I heard the sweet words he admitted; it was harder and harder to keep myself under control. I needed more control. I squeezed my eyes shut as tears fell down my cheeks.
It took every ounce of strength I had not to cave. He took the one step that separated us, closing the distance before he pressed his chest against mine. I never thought I would actually hear those words he’d spoken. I had dreamed of hearing them for years, and now, I was terrified. It caused my heart to literally ache.
Sean gripped my waist and pulled me tighter against his muscular frame. My hand pressed against his heart to try to keep a tiny bit of space between our bodies, but that didn’t stop him from coming as close as possible. My body tingled from his presence.
His heart was beating incredibly fast. “So, instead of fighting against us, Shay, I need you to fucking fight for us,” he murmured against my lips as slow as humanly possible.
Gina Sevani, was born and raised in beautiful South Carolina. She still resides there with her husband and their precious little girl. She learned quickly that she had mad love for reading romance, paranormal and everything in between so she tried writing her own and here we are with novel number three published in The Damaged Series. Gina has several stories she feels passionate about and can’t wait to share with you. She spends her free time working out, reading, dancing, and enjoying hour long bubble baths. If she doesn’t get those things… well you don’t wanna know.
Enter to win an Amazon Gift Card!
Series: Book 3 in the Unwilling Series
Author: K.D. Wood
Genre: Paranormal, New Adult
Publisher: Blue Tulip Publishing
Neely is still reeling from the cost of fulfilling Andrew’s bargain to his mother and struggling to find her new normal as a single parent without Hayden by her side. When a letter arrives from Andrew’s grandparents, Neely must meet them in New York to ensure Lucas’ safety.
Seething with jealously and anger, Hayden secretly agrees to help the head of the tribal guard tip the balance in his favor. Hayden’s last ditch attempt to get Neely back opens the door to a storm that could destroy them all. With the tribal guard closing in, who will pay the ultimate price for love?
**This is the third of 3 books, it’s recommended that they be read in order to fully enjoy the experience of the story**
Read Chapter One of Unboundless HERE
K.D. Wood lives in north Mississippi with her family and a very spoiled White Waug. She creates love stories and smoking southern erotica but not your mama’s HEA. A consumer of chocolate but not spiders and completely composed of liquid awesome. When not in her office pounding the keys she can be found under a snuggly blanket, cup of donut shop close by with her nose in a book. Follow her on Twitter at @KDWoodauthor, like her on Facebook, you’ll find her neglecting her blog at K.D.Woodauthor.blogspot.com, or email her at K.D.Woodauthor@gmail.com
Title: How to Silence a Rogue
Series: The Forsaken Lords Series
Author: Kristin Vayden
Genre: Regency Romance
Publisher: Blue Tulip Publishing
Miss Maria Garten had one more season till she was firmly on the shelf.
It was her only chance, because while some ladies could pretend or sincerely be at peace with the life of a spinster.
She was not among their ranks.
Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself once more to think before she spoke. It shouldn’t be difficult.
Except that it was, for her at least.
Because the only thing more certain than her potential future as a spinster was that Mr. Sheppard was a confirmed bachelor.
A rake of the first order.
Not the kind that would ruin an innocent, but the kind that would charm them, seduce her with his charming words, make her fall in love with the legendary smile and easy manner that was as easy as breathing.
And then he’d walk away to find a new distraction.
Utterly unaware that he had broken a few hearts in the process.
Maria refused to be counted among them.
She needed a husband, not a distraction.
After all, friendship was far less complicated.
**This is the second book in The Forsaken Lords Series. A series of interconnected standalones**
“I’ve always loved a gentleman in a black coat.” Maria flirted.
He turned, his heart slamming against his chest at her words. While he knew they were on friendly enough terms for her to joke with him, it affected him differently. For her to say such a thing meant that she did find him attractive.
Damn it all, he was reading into everything like a woman.
“And I do love a debutant in a…” Curtis paused, taking in her gown, drinking her in. “Good Lord, Maria,” he murmured hoarsely, swallowing hard and immediately berating himself for being so careless with his words. He cleared his throat and forced a charming grin. “You’re lovely! Quite angelic, if I say so myself… even if I know better.”
“Thank you, I think.” She grinned wryly. Her gaze shifted to the room, scanning it thoughtfully.
“Looking for someone?” Curits asked, deftly angling toward her, moving in closer.
“Yes. You know I am, thank you kindly,” she answered, not even turning slightly to address his question.
“Have you had any more… contact?” he asked, knowing full well she had.
“Maybe, maybe not.” She shrugged.
“Oh, is that how you’re going to play it, minx? Confide in me and then leave me out in the dark?” he joked, using her distraction as the prime opportunity to scan her features, catalogue them in that devastatingly beautiful gown. His mouth grew dry as he noted the way the braided cord accentuated the swell of her perfect breasts, while draping with the barest of hints over her round derriere. Dear Lord, she was killing him without a weapon.
“Very well, you have a point. It’s not very sporting of me to keep you in the dark when you’ve been nothing but supportive.” Maria gave a small sigh. “He said that I’ll dance with him tonight.” She turned, her gaze alive with delight, practically overwhelming him with a humbling elation.
She was this excited about him… only she didn’t know it was him.
Would she be so thrilled if she knew?
The thought was sobering, and he cleared his throat before responding. “Ah, so some of the mystery will be solved then!”
“Yes! Of course, no one has asked me to dance yet, but… maybe he hasn’t arrived.” She gave him a slightly worried look, her dark-winged brows drawing together slightly.
“Well, just because he’s not made his move doesn’t mean you have to be a wallflower. Let’s take the next dance and give him something to be jealous over, don’t you think?” He leaned in closely, inhaling softly the scent of rosewater clinging to her shoulder as he paused just above it.
She sighed and turned then paused. Her green eyes wide, she blinked at his proximity before blushing as he gave her a wink and offered his hand.
“You’re wounding my ego,” he said as he wiggled his still-empty hand, his heart pounding hard at the thought of her rejection.
“Sorry, yes, of c-course.” She seemed to collect herself and placed her hand in his.
How could holding a woman’s hand be so sensual? Yet, as his grip tightened slightly over hers, his body responded. He forced his thoughts away from the path they tried to take, one that led to visions of that very same dress pooled in a heap on his bedroom floor. “How are the tulips?” he asked, forcing his thoughts into line.
“Alive. How chivalrous of you to care.” She arched a brow at him, grinning.
“That’s me. What can I say? I care about children, small animals, and tulips. I’m a regular saint.” He chuckled as they meandered through the room toward the dancing floor.
Maria stifled a giggle.
“Mocking me?” Curtis asked.
“Never.” Her eyes were a mask of innocence, an expression that at once had him narrowing his eyes.
“And a lady such as yourself would never stoop to use sarcasm,” he answered with a hint of sarcasm and a grin.
“Indeed. Never,” she replied haughtily then proceeded to giggle. “Never!” she repeated with exaggeration.
Curtis chuckled, taking pleasure in the way her grin lit up her countenance, enchanting him. Yet as his gaze left her face, he noticed the regard of several other gentlemen as well, watching her thoughtfully.
“Shall we?” He led her out to the floor to the beginning of the quadrille. As they performed the steps and spun around, he grinned at the way she danced with graceful abandon. While her steps were perfectly executed, a lively nature reflected the wit and humor she possessed. How had he missed that before? As she gave him playful grins, he found himself lost in the merriment of the moment. Was this what he had been afraid to face? Had he truly felt that a life of lonely bachelorhood could compare to this carefree joy?
The song ended all too soon, and before they exited the floor, Lord Huffton approached, asking Maria for a dance. She obliged, and as they turned to the dance floor, she glanced back, giving Curtis a wide-eyed grin full of implication.
Damn it all, for the rest of the night she’d think each partner could potentially be her admirer. She’d laugh, flirt, and beam those beautiful smiles in their direction.
While he watched.
And bloody hell, he had no one to blame for it but himself.
Kristin’s inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. With five children to chase, she is never at a loss for someone to kiss, something to cook or some mess to clean but she loves every moment of it! Life is full—of blessings and adventure! Needless to say she’s a big fan of coffee and wine…and living in Washington she’s within walking distance of both! Follow her on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kristinvaydenauthor) And Instagram @kristinkatjoyce and Twitter @KristinVayden! You can also sign up for her newsletter at http://eepurl.com/795f9.
Sign up for Kristin’s Newsletter
Enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card
Title: The Real Winner
Author: KV Rider
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Blue Tulip Publishing
What would you do for your best friend?
What would you do for family?
When the two combine, do you make a choice?
Watch what happens when you combine friendship and family.
Casey wins the chance of a lifetime, to learn how to run a ranch of her own. Unfortunately, Jason, the ranch owner, runs it as a men only operation. When Casey shows up to claim her prize, Jason doesn’t want her there. Fearing a lawsuit, he gives in, assigning her busywork that frustrates and infuriates her.
Jason finds he has a protective streak where Casey’s concerned. He does his best to ignore her, but can’t. When a series of suspicious mishaps occur, Jason wants Casey gone, but once Casey gets attacked, Jason can’t let her go. After an unexpected night together, Jason knows he’ll always want Casey in his life. But Casey has no memory of it, leaving Jason feeling used and confused. Had he imagined their night together?
Follow Jason and Casey along their path of mystery, murder and romance as they find their way through their journey. Can Jason protect Casey long enough to convince her to build a life together on their ranch?
As his lips claimed hers, he wanted to consume all of her in the kiss. He realized somewhere in the back of his head that she wasn’t fighting him. She was standing there, stiff against him and the wall, and he softened the hold on her arms, still not wanting to let go, unsure if he was even able to let her go. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her into him, drawing her closer. He caressed her with his fingertips, urging her to come closer toward him, trying not to force anything on her. He wanted her to have a say, but he wasn’t so sure of himself. He wasn’t so sure if he’d be able to let her go if that was what she wanted.
She tasted the way he thought she would, and he lost himself in the kiss.
Suddenly, Casey was kissing him back, and he knew she was there with him when their mouths started dancing the slow seductive dance, testing the angles that would give them more of each other. He sipped the heat from her, transferring his own to her, letting her know that this would end in a fast and wild dance. A dance that only the two of them would share.
I was born in Euclid, Ohio, living in Wickliffe until I was seven. It was then that we moved to a small town in Kentucky. I married young and still live in that small town with my husband. We have three children, a daughter-in-law, and three (almost four now!) grandchildren. Our parents all live close by, as well as our children. I love watching my birds on the deck and having herb gardens and trees. My pinterest account is mostly filled with books I love reading and also on gardening ideas.
I’ve always enjoyed writing. It wasn’t until the death of my middle sister, that I found that I could escape my daily life in writing, it was a great way to deal with the mourning process. The only sharing I did during this time was for extra credit in school and for my friends and family.
My desire to write took a side-burner when I had children of my own. But with time passing, the stories became more like little movies and I knew I needed to write again. As I worked on this book, I never thought I would do anything with it, but as time passed, I knew I wanted to share it! One of my favorite authors, Susan Mallery was going to be at a convention. She kept posting about the RT convention, and so I ended up going to my first one. I learned a lot there and made some wonderful friends (Monica, Damon, and Stephanie), but most importantly, it gave me direction. The second one I attended, I submitted my book to the company I fell in love with through Monica.
I work as a paramedic and love this job also! It’s very rewarding as it is also stressful! EMS does not get the justification as it should, especially when EMS and firefighting are two separate identities as in most smaller communities. Most of my off time is filled with family and getting the time to just stay at home.
Enter to win ONE of these AMAZING prizes!
2 signed copies of The Real Winner
2 swag gifts from Four Roses Distillery
2 $10 Amazon Gift Cards